Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love is in the Air



As we all know, Valentines Day was yesterday. So instead the Hubby and I celebrated on Saturday. Our weekend was so romantic, I wanted to be pinched to make sure it wasn't a dream. We attended a Valentine's Day Soiree(formal) and had a wonderful dinner to follow.

I've seen so many marriages fail because the spouse couldn't handle the frustration, or the extra responsibility of helping their mate. Not only do they have to deal with the physical part of it all, but also the emotional part. Having no clue how one's day may be from one day to the next. Not knowing how good of a mood they may be in. Whether their depressed about their situation, or just angry at the world(which sometimes still means depressed). It WILL take a toll on a marriage if you allow it to. And if those vows you express in front of God and your loved ones meant nothing at all.

It seems that once I was diagnosed, my husband and I grew closer and stronger. As if the both of us were saying, "We'll beat this thing together." I admire my husband so much. He didn't say, "I do" knowing that something like this would happen. He pulled up his boot straps, and did what any loving husband would do. So today, I salute those spouses who love one another unconditionally, despite the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment