Saturday, February 5, 2011

What Does Sick Look Like

If I had a penny for the amount of times I've heard, "But you don't look sick." I would probably be featured in Forbes magazine...lol! I'm such a people person, but how much how should you share with someone in a matter of 5 minutes?

So tell me... what does the natural eye look for in a person being "sick?" Should a sick person have missing limbs, hair loss, underweight, over weight, yellow eyes, red eyes, moon faces(my Prednisone peeps know what I'm talking about). Am I suppose to walk around looking sad? Should I not like 4 inch heels(BCBG to be exact..ha!), but love orthopedic shoes? Should I want to be pushed around in a wheelchair? Don't get me wrong, a number of those symptoms does exist in those who may be sick. However,what about those who don't have the signs of "sickness." You know... the invisible diseases.

Now, I'm the type who hates pity! And it took me sometime before I started to share what I was dealing with on a day-to-day basis. It took a while, before I noticed that my not wanting pity, was actually pride. Wow... I still can't believe that I am at a place in my life, where I'm sharing this for millions to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment